|Company Name||NDI (view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2017|
|Experience required||Senior (5+ years of experience)|
We are looking for a passionate, hands-on, experienced Project Manager to join our R&D team to direct and participate in a wide array of projects (Engineering, Advanced Research, Sustaining Engineering, Production / Process Infrastructure, as examples.).
As a Project Manager in our very diverse business, you will work as part of a cross-functional R&D team, driving various projects from conception to implementation and release. This role requires someone who has proven leadership ability, communications and planning, as well as technical acumen to lead projects effectively. The successful candidate will be highly organized, results-driven and effective at working at all levels of our matrix organization.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and execution of projects and related tasks in accordance with NDI’s Product Development Life Cycle and quality management system:
- Create, implement and track progress using project plans: manage project resource requirements, schedule tasks and manage project budgets;
- Manpower load schedules, and define/assign resource needs based on scope, risk, and schedule.
- Conduct regular status meetings, design reviews, and management communications;
- Serve as prime contact with project sponsors (internal and external customers).
- Organize and monitor progress of project team members and assigned tasks;
- Participate in a hands-on manner in the development, implementation, test and integration of solutions;
- Actively manage and drive retirement of project risks;
- Interface with outside resources (venders, consultants, clinicians, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines including Marketing and Manufacturing Engineering to drive projects from conception to manufacturing.
- Present core-team status to stakeholders in monthly program reviews.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of Project Management experience in a high-tech or other highly regulated industry (medical or defense is ideal);
- Sc. in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent/related discipline.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited time and resources, under pressure and with multiple priorities;
- Effective at functioning with a reasonable level of autonomy in setting objectives, influencing decision makers, managing expectations along with budget and resource allocation;
- Proactive and positive communicator when reporting project progress and status to stakeholders, ensuring appropriate review and support with key project decisions;
- Effective organizational and team engagement skills; and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong ability to communicate technical information, project status, etc.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Familiarity with software development, hardware and systems integration;
- Knowledge/experience with measurement systems; and/or
- Medical device experience (ISO 13485)
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry.
- Experience and/or exposure to agile product development methodologies.
- PMI designation is an asset.